Held in one of the most spectacular settings in America, The 4th Annual Newport Mansions Wine and Food Festival is this weekend September 25-27, 2009. This remarkable weekend experience features hundreds of wines from around the world, cooking demonstrations by celebrated chefs, fabulous food, live and silent auctions, and a gala celebration.
Friday Evening is A Vintage Evening at The Breakers
Honoring award-winning Chef Jacques Pépin of American Public Television's "Jacques Pépin. An auction of collectible wines and luxury goods, with auction services provided by Christie's.
Saturday & Sunday Grand Tasting
Enter the Grand Tasting through the front door of Marble House and outdoors on the grounds to taste some of the finest wines from around the globe. Learn and enjoy as you taste your way around the world of fine wines.
Grand Tasting Include:
- More than 150 wineries from around the world
- Food samplings from a variety of caterers and restaurants
- Fabulous silent auction of luxury goods and wines
- Cooking tent with ongoing free chef demonstrations and celebrity book signings
- A sourvenir glass to use during the Tasting and to take home
- A color, glossy show program with a map of the exhibitors, plus demonstration schedules
On the terrace of Marble House is a delicious buffet brunch, with a menu designed by Yankee Magazine Food Editor Annie Copps, accompanied by a live jazz performance. Then stroll down to the Grand Tasting tent to sample from more than 150 wines provided by some of the world's leading vintners. Be warned this event is sold only in combination with a Sunday Grand Tasting ticket.
For tickets visit http://newportmansions.org/index.cfm